The OIA offers machine test scoring services for the University of Arizona community. We use high speed optical mark read (OMR) scanners designed for fast and accurate bubble forms scoring (aka “Scantron ”). Our staff are trained to monitor security, accuracy, and fast-turnaround for exam and test scoring and analysis.
Departmental representatives may order these services at our office in the Integrated Learning Center Building, Room 103, phone 621-7337 1500 E University Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85719. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We have 100-item answer sheets in stock and can also order other formats such as half sheet forms on request. We can also create custom test forms as needed by departments.
To purchase answer sheets and forms services, the representative will need to fill out an Order Form. At the end of the month, the OIA will bill the department for any forms and/or services rendered.
The cost is $0.15 each for the 100-item answer sheet, and $0.45 a sheet for machine test scoring. Ask us about large volume discounts! Also ask us about alternate form orders. You may bring your own blank CD (for report output) or purchase one from us ( $1.00 each).
To process a score order we need each of the following:
1. An answer key created by using one of the same format answer sheets should be placed on the top of each test to be scored.
2. Work Order Form specifying the reports requested.
3. UA CatCard ID and departmental permission.
Reports of Results:
Test results can be printed by OIA (beginning January 1, 2016, there will be a charge for this service) and/or saved as data records on a CD as pdf or excel files.
Instructors have a choice of report types and formats:
- Student Listing Report (Individual Test Results Report) sorted by name or identification number
- Student Error Report (Individual Item Response Report) sorted by name or identification number Reports can be printed with one student per page, or all students on a page.
- Absolute Frequency and Score Distributions Report,